The purpose for this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to those individuals attending an accredited career technical school
institution, engineering college or university with an emphasis on building applications and studies.
- Applicant must be at least a high school graduate, GED, college 1 st, 2nd, or 3rd year.
- Applicant must currently reside in Virginia.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicants may reapply. (individuals who have previously received this award may do so and be granted the award for a maximum of two years).
- Applicant must provide three (3) letters of recommendation. Representative, board member, or local Region member who regularly attends conferences and regional meetings. Two letters must provide character references to include the referring person’s contact information. One recommendation must be from their VSPMA Region
Each applicant will be assigned an application number to ensure impartiality and objectivity. A committee composed of three (3) VSPMA members will judge the applicants. All judging will be completed by May 1 st, VSPMA will notify all applicants receiving a scholarship award by May 15th.
All applications, information forms, essays and letters of recommendation must be mailed postmarked no later than April 1 st to:
Wayne Kitchen – VSPMA
P. O. Box 10
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Eight (8) $______ awards will be given annually.
No award will be paid to the recipient. All awards will be paid directly to the enrolled recipient’s academic institution on their behalf. Checks may also be provided directly to the students payable to the academic institution and student.